Monday, March 3, 2008

Rock the vote

Tomorrow is primary day here in Rhode Island. Yes I do plan on voting tomorrow. Though I do plan on voting for John McCain the Democratic race is interesting to say the least. I still don't understand quite the appeal of Obama. Granted he may be a great orator but I do feel he lacks serious experience to be taken serious as an actual President. Though I'm no fan of Hillary I would think that she would be the more intelligent choice. I do also worry of a match-up of Obama vs. McCain in November. I know McCain would probably have Obama for breakfast in almost any debate. Remember that Nixon was thought to have won his debates with Kennedy also but lost. I'm sure there are those that compare Obama to JFK. Kennedy was a decorated WW2 veteran served both a U.S. Representative for at least 5 years and one full term as U.S. Senator(See Wikipedia). I do think that surpasses Obama's experience. As the late U.S. Senator Lloyd Bentsen said to Vice Presidential candidate Dan Quayle "Senator, Your no Jack Kennedy". Neither is Barack in my opinion.

One radio commentator made an interesting comment today. It was Jay Severin of Boston's 96.9 Wtkk actually advocated voting for Hillary. If one knows Jay you know that he absolutely loathes the Clintons with a passion. His point was that to really mess up and disorganize the Democrats you should vote for Hillary. I guess the idea would be that it would cause them to fight amongst themselves more than against the Republicans. Hows that for strategy?

Well whatever your choice may be please vote tomorrow if it's your turn. I know I will be.

No comments: