Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rocked the vote

Well I did my civic duty and voted today. The turnout seemed to be a bit heavier than usual though not overwhelming. I'd have to admit though the people that were running could have organized the polling area a bit better. They had tables set up by last name but the area was poorly marked as to which line your suppose to get in. As one guy put it behind me they've been doing this for hundreds of years you'd think they'd get it right.

I'd have to admit this was the first Presidential primary I've voted in so the process was a bit different. First they ask your name and address and affix a sticker to a card which you sign which if I read it right, saying you voted in a Democratic primary. Therefore your now affiliated with the Democratic party. They did have another line that you could sign back in to your party affiliation(or unaffiliated) . I was a bit confused because the paper I signed said I voted in a Democratic primary though I voted Republican. I handed the paper to the guy and he reads and comments with a puzzled look "Yeah, you can do that". I probably messed it up and didn't need to do so but I did any way.

Well if it's your turn to vote be sure and do so.

No comments: