Saturday, February 2, 2008

Dysfunction

Even though this is suppose to be a humorous picture (found at Despair.com) it speaks more truth than may be first realized. At least that's what I got from it when first saw it. I'm sure we all know people who are either been in multiple relationships gone bad or just seem to pick the wrong people as friends. They may complain about the other person or the situation. Not taking responsibility for there situation.

I tend to believe that you choose to be in the relationships your in. "It is so much easier to blame other people,conditioning, or conditions for our own stagnant situation" Stephen Covey writes in The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. I couldn't agree with this more. I've been in relationships and in situations where I felt powerless. I didn't realize that I chose to be there. It's just a pet peeve of mine when I hear people complain like this. What are they doing about it. many stay for years just reacting to the situation and not changing anything. Expecting the other person to change. The only person you can effectively change is yourself and your decisions. Take responsibility for your life.

No comments: